Showcasing 6”x 6” Multi-Purpose Display and 6”x 8” Passive Attack Display
November 7, 2016, Van Nuys, CA—Industrial Electronic Engineers (IEE), manufacturer of enhanced displays for military applications, will be presenting and exhibiting at the F-15 Technical Coordination Program World Wide Review, in Miramar Beach, Florida on November 14th-15th. IEE will be showcasing two airborne displays and presenting a contractor briefing to a select group of representatives from the United States Air Force, industry, and partner countries.
IEE will be showcasing a 6”x 6” Multi-Purpose Display (MPD) slated for the F-15E Strike Eagle Program. This display was created by leveraging existing IEE video IP that provides a high fidelity emulation of Cathode Ray Tube (CRT’s) phosphor performance with current AMLCD technology.
“While maintaining the same form, fit, function, and interface (F3I) of the existing unit, IEE’s use of modularity and open architecture standards allows this product to support full backward compatibility with future options to easily integrate next-generation video display features,” said Steve Motter, Vice President of Business Development. “In addition, the use of modern solid-state technology greatly reduces the system weight and power, while dramatically improving the overall reliability; key attributes to achieving the overall program objectives of interoperability, product longevity, and reduced total operating costs.”
6”x 6” MPD Features:
- 24-bit color AMLCD – selectable as monochrome Green on Black or full color
- 983 x 983 pixel resolution
- High-bright sunlight readability (HACR ≥ 9.5:1) and NVIS backlight
- Integral heater and anti-reflective coating
- Brightness 315 fL (Green), 420 fL (full color)
- Rugged construction for military fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- Reprogrammable FPGA with optional CPU Core
- Video Interface: Stroke/Raster (525 or 875 line) standard
- Optional Video Interfaces: DVI, HD-SDI, ARINC-818
In addition, IEE has been manufacturing a 6”x 8” (10.4-inch) Multi-Function Display (MFD) for use on the F-15 C/D model aircraft under a multi-year production contract with the Air National Guard. Known for their record development lead times, IEE delivered the first functional units to the System Integration Lab (SIL) in ninety days, production units to Flight Test in one hundred and fifty days and started full rate production seven months after the contract was awarded.
The 6”x 8” MFD is currently undergoing an upgrade to include a fiber-optic based ARINC 818 Avionics Digital Video Bus. This smart display will support integrated video and data communication on a single bus, and facilitate interoperability with the latest generation avionics mission/display computer architectures.
6”x 8” MFD Features:
- LCD display, 1024 x 768 resolution
- Intel® Dual Core Atom™ single board computer
- Dual-channel MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429 (Optional)
- Gigabit Ethernet, USB, and Serial Busses
- 3-channel composite video capture at 30 FPS
- 24-channel programmable discretes
- ARINC-818 Avionics Digital Video Bus (ADVB)
- Future Airborne Compatibility Environment (FACE) compatible architecture
- 28 VDC per MIL-STD-704A
See IEE at the F-15 Technical Coordination Program World-Wide Review in booth #107 or contact Steve Motter to discuss your application needs, toll-free 1-800-422-0867, ext. 327, or email email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
Marking its 70th year, Industrial Electronic Engineers, IEE, is a trusted provider of enhanced displays for military and industrial applications. From rapid prototyping of custom designs to full-scale production runs, IEE produces innovative displays with advanced features like multi-mode backlighting, optically bonded touch-screens and lightweight, ruggedized enclosures. IEE’s direct control of critical process steps reduces costs, decreases production lead times and improves life cycle management. IEE display products are distributed worldwide. Go to http://ieeinc.com/.
Get our updates: http://www.linkedin.com/company/industrial-electronic-engineers
Follow us at: http://twitter.com/IEEdisplays
Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/IEEdisplays
For Press Inquiries Contact: