Focus on Display Systems for Fixed and Rotary Airborne Applications
April 17th—2018, Van Nuys, CA—Industrial Electronic Engineers, IEE, manufacturer of rugged military displays, will be exhibiting their product line at the Army Aviation Missions Solutions Summit (Quad A) in Nashville, Tennessee, April 25-27th. IEE will feature two new displays designed for fixed and rotary wing airborne applications.
“All of IEE’s avionics displays feature the latest display and video processing capabilities for military aircraft,” commented Steve Motter, V.P. of Business Development for IEE. “We are especially pleased to show the hi-res digital video in the new 10.1” WUXGA display, and the processing strength of the newly designed 3.5” Aircraft Control Display Unit.”
Of note is the ultra high-bright 10.1” widescreen display with a dual-mode LED backlight for both bright sunlight and night-vision compatibility. This high-resolution display supports digital video with 2 x DVI-D, and 2 x HD-SDI video interfaces. A programmable 8-way joystick and encoder knobs provide a full-featured operator interface, supporting the control of a wide range of applications for fixed and rotary aircraft.
10.1” WUXGA Display Features:
• 10.1" WUXGA, (1920x1200) color TFT LCD display
• Brightness: 1,100 cd/m2 typical
• Contrast Ratio: 800:1
• Video Interface: 2 x DVI-D, 2 x HD-SDI (loop-through)
• Viewing Angle: ± 85º H / ± 85º V
• EMI: MIL-STD-461F
• Environmental: MIL-STD-810F
• Communication Interface: RS-422
• 13 programmable bezel push-buttons, with tactile feedback and NVIS filtered backlight (MIL-STD-3009)
• On-screen display (OSD) functions controlled using Bezel Keys
• 3-way rotary switch for OFF/NIGHT/DAY, one brightness encoder, two programmable dual-concentric encoders and one 8-way joystick
IEE will also highlight an upgraded 3.5" Aircraft Control Display Unit (CDU) designed for helicopter avionics. The transflective display operates under a wide range of lighting conditions from full dark (NVIS) through bright sunlight. This smart display can control multiple devices and features an ARM 8 processor and interface built around four user defined bezel keys and two rotary selector knobs.
3.5” Transflective AMLCD Display Features:
• 3.5" Transflective AMLCD, 320 x 240 (QVGA)
• Brightness: NVIS to 200cd/m2 (sunlight readable)
• Contrast Ratio: 400:1 (native)
• Texas Instruments ARM Cortex-A8 DaVinci DM3730 System on Module (800 MHz)
• 256MB SDRAM, 512MB NAND Flash, 8GB SD Flash
• One 10/100 Ethernet, Three USB 2.0 ports
• Two RS-422 serial ports, Two programmable discrete interfaces
• Controls: 5 sealed push-buttons, 1 brightness knob, 1 dual-concentric knob
IEE is exhibiting in booth #1255 at the Quad A Summit, April 25-27th. Stop by or make an appointment with Steve Motter by calling toll-free 1-800-422-0867, ext. 327, or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 70 years, Industrial Electronic Engineers, IEE, has been a trusted provider of enhanced displays for military and industrial applications. From rapid prototyping of custom designs to full-scale production runs, IEE’s factory in Van Nuys, CA produces innovative displays with advanced features like low-latency video processing, high-bright and NVIS backlighting, and lightweight, ruggedized enclosures. IEE’s direct control of critical process steps reduces costs, decreases production lead times and improves lifecycle management. IEE display products are distributed worldwide. For more information: visit ieeinc.com
Get our updates: http://www.linkedin.com/company/industrial-electronic-engineers
Follow us at: http://twitter.com/IEEdisplays
Become a fan: https://www.facebook.com/IEEdisplays
For Press Inquiries Contact: