First Integration for the U.S. Air Force
July 21, 2015, Van Nuys, CA—IEE, the enhanced display experts, has completed all environmental qualifications necessary for airborne operations for their 25.5” rugged WUXGA display (1920x1200 resolution) with wide viewing angles. Production has begun in their Van Nuys manufacturing facility.
IEE developed this avionic monitor in conjunction with BAE Systems (link is external) for a U.S. Air Force Airborne Platform. The large display supports multiple windows of information or full resolution display of HD Sensor data. With optional touchscreen technology, these displays make for an immersive operator experience.
“Higher resolutions mean the ability to fit more data on the screen, but still be able to hone in on key information by simple touch gestures,” said Tom Whinfrey, CEO for IEE. "We are constantly advancing display technologies to help increase operator effectiveness.”
The 25.5” WUXGA rugged display is now qualified to MIL-STD 810G and joins IEE’s wide range of enhanced flat panel displays that meet these rugged Military standards. The 810 environmental standards are in addition to MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD 461D and MIL-STD 901. Other rugged displays range in size from a 7” display all the way up to 25.5” and beyond.
- Native luminance of 350 cd/m2
- 1D or 2D scanner
- Contrast ratio of 1500:1
- Digitally-controlled dimming system with a 250:1 ratio
- Operating temperature of -20°C to +70°C
- Typical power consumption of 45W
- MTBF is more than 40,000 hours
- Dual, switchable DVI digital video interface, implemented via a military-grade circular connector
- Optional Magnetic Stripe Reader
- High-bright 600 cd/m2 to 800 cd/m2 for daylight readability and NVIS goggle compatible bezel and display backlighting
- Touch screen technologies including surface capacitive (SCAP), projected capacitive (PCAP), infrared (IR) and resistive
- Photoptic Feedback System for automatic dimming capabilities
Founded in 1946, IEE is a trusted provider of enhanced displays for military, industrial and retail applications. From rapid prototyping of custom designs to full-scale production runs, IEE’s 130,000 sq. ft. factory in Van Nuys, CA produces innovative displays with advanced features like multi-mode backlighting, optically bonded touch screens and lightweight, ruggedized enclosures. IEE’s direct control of critical process steps reduces costs, decreases production lead times and improves lifecycle management. IEE display products are found in virtually every environment and application worldwide. For more information call 800-422-0867 or visit http://ieeinc.com.
Get our updates: https://www.linkedin.com/company/industrial-electronic-engineers
Follow us at: https://twitter.com/IEEdisplays
Become a fan: https://www.facebook.com/IEEdisplays
email@example.com (link sends e-mail)